With Facebook’s new announcement of their Graph Search, some business owners have already been searching for how to be sure that their business gets found in the new search tool. Facebook has already given out a handful of tips.
This is also just still in a testing mode before unveiled to everyone. While nobody truly knows how successful this new search tool will be and whether it may seriously compete for Google’s share of search, the number of Facebook users will always put whatever they offer in instant competition, as long as it is not a dud.
* Graph Search will be offering local search right away.
* Search results will be returned to the user as a combination of the business’ information on their Facebook page and connections and friends of the person performing the search.
* Having a Facebook page is not necessary but truly helpful. The reason for not needing one is if a business is listed as a ‘place’ by someone else.
* The results from a search will come from business pages, people, apps, groups, places, and suggested searches.
SEO-Type Tips for Business/Page Owners:
* The “About” section is now even more important to complete and add in your keywords that you may want others to find you. The vanity URL, name, category and information in the About section will steer users toward the best choices.
* Important to make sure you have entered the city location if someone were to type in a search for your specific city or area.
* Give the people that find your page a reason to “like” your page and stay connected. Updating your cover photo, profile picture and keeping current on your postings, at least daily, shows users that your page is current and worth following.
Many more tips will probably be revealed after this is made known to the whole public but hope this was a great reminder and start to using your page more effectively to generate more traffic to Facebook’s Graph Search.