Understanding how SEO works is crucial if redesigning your website to not lose your current rankings and organic search. Once it’s done, it’s done. If you do not have someone on your team that knows how this works, it is extremely necessary to know how to do this right. One way is to do hours of research and trust that you or team members will do this correct or another way is to find a trustworthy source or SEO marketing agency that knows how the two work together and do this for their own website. Below are some “Key” reasons…
On a side note, at Swish Digital, over this past summer, not only did we do a complete redesign of the website but also rebranded the company name. This hasn’t seemed to hurt rankings for key terms on Google and can see how Swish Digital Marketing currently ranks in the U.S. for:
* “Digital Marketing Agency” – ranked #1 (out of 64,900,000 results)
* “SEO Florida” – ranked #1 (out of 49,300,000 results)
* “SEO Orlando” – ranked #1 (out of 10,600,000 results)
* “Digital Marketing” – 1st page (out of 497,000,000 results)
* “Marketing Agency” – 1st page (out of 171,000,000 results)
* “SEO Agency” – 1st page (out of 19,900,000 results)
Not too bad for a redesign and positioning the company to these amazing results. Swish Digital Marketing Agency also uses these same principles and strategies to get these results for clients too and have over 50 “live” client results in the top 5 showing on the Swish Digital Marketing website.
Key Reasons Why Needing a Specialist or Trustworthy help:
* Need to know how to let Google know if the website URL changes. If you don’t, SEO rankings will fall. All of the time that the domain URL has logged to build up the site would be lost and may have to start over again with the new URL.
* Performing an inbound link analysis. Inbound links are extremely powerful and losing these links will cause your site to lose the authority it does have. Find what pages are linking to your site and where they are linking. Then let your developers know so that they can make the right changes.
* 301 Redirect. This is absolutely critical to have your pages with a 301 redirect to the new pages and will safely pass PageRank and your site will be able to maintain search equity.
* Have an SEO audit completed. What’s the loss in doing this? It’s extra eyes on your site to make sure that you don’t miss anything. An SEO will also be able to share little tweaks and changes to help maximize your site.
There are quite a few more essentials to make sure to do this right in making the redesign of your website swish with your Google and search engine rankings.
Swish Digital Marketing Agency