In Apple’s highly anticipated event today, Tim Cook came out on stage at 1:00 EST sharp to share current statistics of Apple products. Oh yeah, Apple also made the anticipated announcement of the Apple iPhone5 with new features and specifications.
“iPhone 5 is the most beautiful consumer device that we’ve ever created,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “We’ve packed an amazing amount of innovation and advanced technology into a thin and light, jewel-like device with a stunning 4-inch Retina display, blazing fast A6 chip, ultrafast wireless, even longer battery life; and we think customers are going to love it.”
Key Features of the new iPhone 5:
* Thinner: The new smartphone is now 7.6mm, which is about 18% thinner than its predecessor. Also, 20% lighter and built of glass and aluminum.
* Enhanced Camera: In staying with the 8 megapixel camera, Apple has improved in other areas with decreasing the size of the backside illuminated sensor and improved low-light performance. Built in panorama view now and the camera also supports 1080p video capture and able to take pictures at the same time as video is recording.
* Bigger Screen: At 4 inches, the new iPhone5 offers 44% more color saturation and a 16:9 aspect ratio. Marketing Chief Phil Schiller also proclaims the widescreen video is much improved.
* Faster Chip: Schiller says the new chip, A6, is twice as fast as the A5… and twice as fast for graphics.
* Connectivity: Improved high speed 4G LTE and will be compatible with the high-speed LTE networks of AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, in addition to many global LTE networks: Virgin in Canada, Singtel and Telstra in Australasia, and Deutsche Telekom in Europe.
* Improved Battery Life: Apple states the following, 8 hours of 3G talk time, 3G browsing; 8 hours LTE browsing; 10 hours for Wi-Fi browsing; 10 hours video; 40 hours music; 225 hours while on standby.
Other Apple Highlights from today’s event:
* iPod Touch: with Siri, larger screen and other improved features.
* iTunes: revamped, simplified and more features.
* iOs device updates: 400 million sold through June.
* iPad sales: 84 million sold through June 2012.
* Mountain Lion upgrades: 7 million since release.
Swish Digital: Digital Marketing Agency, Tech News